RE: [PHP-DEV] Wierd CVS Build problem with libmysql
| From: | Zeev Suraski | Date: | Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:15:09 +0000 |
| Subject: | RE: [PHP-DEV] Wierd CVS Build problem with libmysql | ||
| References: | 1 2 3 | Groups: | php.dev php.qa |
| Request: | Send a blank email to php-dev+get-38383@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
If you can provide a patch I can look at it'd be great. If it's clean and can't introduce problems for existing scripts, we can accept it for 4.0.4...
Zeev
At 01:05 17/11/2000, Michael Widenius wrote:
Hi!-- Zeev Suraski <zeev@zend.com> CTO, Zend Technologies Ltd. http://www.zend.com/<cut>"Andi" == Andi Gutmans <andi@zend.com> writes:For example: mysql_pconnect("host","db","","/tmp/my.cnf","php"); Would read the [php] and [client] group sections from the /tmp/my.cnf file. What do you think about the above?Andi> I think it should wait for after 4.0.4 because I understand this is a Andi> non-tested MySQL patch? Also it would mean that our MySQL extension update Andi> would also need a bit of time to stabilize (even though it probably would Andi> not be a big patch). The mysql client code already contains everything needed for the patch and this has been tested with the mysql clients and perl a long time now. The only 'big' change is to add 2 more arguments to p_connect(). It should be very easy to make this completely safe in all cases when one only uses the normal 2 arguments to p_connect(); In other words, this should not break old code.. Andi> I think it would be good to get 4.0.4 out the door by next week. The reason Andi> why it has been taking so long because there were quite a few open issues Andi> raised (most of them have been fixed by now). Andi> Are the build problems with the new MySQL client all solved now? I'm also Andi> cc'ing the PHP QA guys who might have a better idea of the issues which Andi> were raised. I don't know of any new build problems... Regards, MontyIMHO, this looks useful. Late last week I thought Zeev was asking for last minute do or die stuff, with a view to putting out 4.0.4. Is this going to affect that, time wise? Maybe it should wait until after 4.0.4?