Re: Bugs pending for PHP 4.1.0

From: Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:21:31 +0000
Subject: Re: Bugs pending for PHP 4.1.0
References: 1  Groups: php.dev 
Request: Send a blank email to php-dev+get-70754@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
At 10:08 16/11/2001, Derick Rethans wrote:
Hello, here is my list of important pending bugs which need to be fixed before PHP 4.1.0 can be released IMO. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bug 11813 (not really a bug): [ImageGammaCorrect no longer works] Let's keep this open (critical) until it really is solved. And I think there should be two modules in the win32 release, for both 1.8.x and 2.0.x versions of GD.
I don't think that should be a showstopper of any kind..?
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bug 13143 (patch attached): [TSRM fails to build] GCC 2 ignores it, GCC 3 does not.
I applied the patch...
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bug 13703: [PHP allows function redefinition] Something weird going on with multiple function definitions in classes
In the hope that we actually release 4.1.0 in this millennium, I think that should also stay unsolved for now. I wouldn't want to touch this part without another RC, and I hope we won't have another RC. This was most probably the behavior since at least 4.0.0, and it's not a crash bug, so I think it can wait for a later version...
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bug 13711: [set_time_limit affects other requests on the same Apache process] Trying to reproduce this now.
Pretty much by definition this cannot happen. We'd have to go through hoops to create this behavior under Linux. Under Windows, there may be a bug that breaks the multithreaded alarm system, and I'll check it out, but for the same reasons above, I don't think it should stale 4.1.0.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Bug 14014: [Need later config.guess/config.sub] Can someone look at bug#14014 before we do 4.1.0 (or what ever the next release is?) It breaks being able to build on OpenUNIX 8.
If somebody gets to look at it - great. Please do it ASAP, as I want to go with 4.1.0 final early next week. If worse comes to worse, we won't have OpenUNIX 8 support in 4.1.0... Zeev

« previous php.dev (#70754) next »