Re: Re: cvs: php4 / configure.in /main php_version.h

From: Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:18:36 +0000
Subject: Re: Re: cvs: php4 / configure.in /main php_version.h
References: 1  Groups: php.dev 
Request: Send a blank email to php-dev+get-80464@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
Hello, On 27 Feb 2002, Jason Greene wrote: > That should be enough time; however, if it is a problem, I could apply > to HEAD, then merge to 4.2 since the extension is labeled experimental. I'd favor waiting a few days with the branching so that you have time to commit your stuff. I don't think it's a good idea to merge new stuff to the release branches, whether the extension is experimental or not. My reason for this is that if this is done a lot, we would never be sure if a RC can be a final RC. > I was hoping to finish my work and then remove experimental status from > the extension, but perhaps that should wait till 4.3, that way any final > tweaks can be made in 4.3.0-Dev. > > What do you think? As the extension isn't quite finished I think the EXPERIMENTAL status should be gone with PHP 4.3.0, and not yet with PHP 4.2.0. Derick

« previous php.dev (#80464) next »