Re: 5.3.0 stable delayed until next Tuesday

From: Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:47:12 +0000
Subject: Re: 5.3.0 stable delayed until next Tuesday
References: 1  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-44455@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 05:15:47PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote: > Aloha, > > As most of you following this list have noticed, alot of last minute > stuff has been brought up. So it goes. > Johannes and Pierre have put in extra time in trying to still make it > for a release tomorrow, however as the stream of patches and open > issues has continued even today, we have decided to play it safe and > move the release date to next Tuesday. We will package tomorrow > evening and push out the release to mirrors next Monday. > Do you think it's worth to push out an RC5 and release it as 5.3.0 only changing the version number between them? I saw other projects doing this and I think it helps to prevent major issues due to last-time fixes. I have this feeling that 5.3.0 release is going to be traumatic! Just my 2 cents. -- Giovanni Giacobbi

« previous php.internals (#44455) next »