Re: libmagic 5.14 upgrade

From: Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:29:14 +0000
Subject: Re: libmagic 5.14 upgrade
References: 1  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-66838@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
On 03/26/2013 11:44 PM, Anatol Belski wrote: > What +/- I personally see upgrading this at this time: > > contra: > - there might be bugs, the next release might have not all them fixed > - 5.11 is what the latest linux exts have even as dev > - older/custom magic files might be incompatible > > pro: > - latest libmagic data > - better safety for the future > - in a year all that libs are for sure upgraded in the main distros > - further upgrades can be better handled HI Anatol, thanks for putting this patch together. However as we already reached feature freeze and we are will have beta2 tomorrow I think it's a bit too late for so much new code. I cannot really judge the sideeffects of this upgrade and would prefer to be strict about the feature freeze. So please do not update the library unless Stas decides that he wants to do it in 5.4, in that case I have to go with his decision. David

« previous php.internals (#66838) next »