If my database class is not MDB2-compatible, should I wait to release it?

From: Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:32:41 +0000
Subject: If my database class is not MDB2-compatible, should I wait to release it?
Groups: php.pear.dev 
Request: Send a blank email to pear-dev+get-48479@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
Heya. I'm looking to release my first class on PEAR. In a tiny nutshell, it's an object-oriented database modeler. I did not originally write this class for PEAR, and so it uses a database abstraction class that I wrote that I would currently have to release as part of the class package. I've got no problems doing that; I think it even has several features that are not available in DB or (at least from what I've seen of it) MDB2. But the fact remains that my DB Model class is not currently compatible with MDB2. My question is, Should I propose the class now and see if I can get developers to start using it and testing it out, and then introduce MDB2 support in a later release, or should I hold off and wait to propose the class until I've added support for MDB2? What's PEAR's policy on this situation? Thanks for your time, Josh Zerin inspired@pbmods.com

« previous php.pear.dev (#48479) next »