Package status
| From: | Lorenzo Alberton | Date: | Tue, 04 May 2004 14:06:32 +0000 |
| Subject: | Package status | ||
| Groups: | php.pear.qa | ||
| Request: | Send a blank email to pear-qa+get-1196@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
Hi,
unfortunately I wasn't able to follow the pear meeting
but for a few minutes, so I don't know if a decision
was taken on this matter.
I'm about to release a new (minor) version of
[M]DB_QueryTool; both packages have been
labeled as "stable" for several months,
even if they're below 1.0.0 (because there was
no guideline back then).
Should I keep the "stable" label for the next releases,
or should I mark them as "beta", as the latest directives
may suggest?
-----
Similar topic, different package: Translation2.
It has the "2" suffix in the name since it's a complete
rewrite, but what should the package number be?
I started with 0.x, then I used 2.x since it was
decided so in the last naming guidelines (now
"freezed"), but I'm don't completely understand
why I should start from 2.x since it's a completely
different package from Translation 1.x.
Other two examples in pear are:
I18Nv2 => 0.x
MDB2 => 2.x
which don't help clarifying this topic :-)
Best regards,
--
Lorenzo Alberton
http://pear.php.net/user/quipo