Fw: [PHP-GTK-DEV] alpha release stuff
| From: | Steph Fox | Date: | Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:22:43 +0000 |
| Subject: | Fw: [PHP-GTK-DEV] alpha release stuff | ||
| Groups: | php.gtk.dev | ||
| Request: | Send a blank email to php-gtk-dev+get-2762@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
Update: I just spoke with Ilia on irc.
The Zend API change has been held back until 5.2.0 now, so we're clear of that consideration.
I'd still prefer to wait for 5.1.3 if we can, purely because it means we can tie to a definite release. The good news is that the PHP release cycle's rolling in such a way as to give us some release process time of our own. i.e. we can roll a release candidate and do some testing/bugfixing.
5.1.3 RC 3's scheduled for release on Monday, which means (hopefully) the full release will be roughly a week later.
Andrei, does it make sense to you to keep in line there?
- Steph
Steph Fox wrote:If we don't wait for the release, we won't have anything to point to and say 'this is known to work' - it's not essential, just would be handy to have that rather than need to package PHP. If we don't wait for the Zend API bump, anything the other side of it has a fair chance of not working with binaries from this side of it. API number changes aren't synched with releases, the last one was last September. Remember when all those people couldn't get their snaps binaries to work with my php-gtk2.dll last autumn? - that was why. In any case, we're on RC 3 already there so it can't be long before the full release... - Steph -- PHP-GTK Development Mailing List (http://gtk.php.net/) To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php __________ NOD32 1.1380 (20060125) Information __________ This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com1) We should probably wait until the PHP 5.1.3 release because there should've been a Zend API bump last week, and it hasn't gone in yet. It'd make sense to wait for that API change and then force a 5.1.3+ dependency - people will be able to use snaps then for other extensions and for PHP itself, or the 5.1.3 bundle of course.Please forgive my ignorance but what does waiting for 5.1.3 get us? Or I guess more specifically, what are the advantages of waiting for the Zend API bump and what are the consequences of not waiting?