Re: PHP 7.0.0 final RTM delay
| From: | Andrey Hristov | Date: | Thu, 03 Dec 2015 12:20:43 +0000 |
| Subject: | Re: PHP 7.0.0 final RTM delay | ||
| References: | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Groups: | php.internals |
| Request: | Send a blank email to internals+get-89557@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
Hi,
guys, just go out and say to the public, that due to Openssl security fixes which are awaited and thus because we want to ensure that 7.0.0. will be correctly working with it, we won't release 7.0.0 even as source until we are sure the QA procedure is gone.
PHP can get really good bashing for being too hasty out of the door not working with latest and secure OpenSSL.
You know me, I am far from a Windows fan, it makes just send. The Openssl update is force majeure.
Best,
Andrey
On 3.12.2015 12:51, François Laupretre wrote:
Le 03/12/2015 12:28, Pierre Joye a écrit :On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Sebastian Bergmann <sebastian@php.net> wrote:For subsequent important releases, could we introduce a concept of 'frozen zone' of one or two days before the planned release date. This is a time where everything is ready to deliver and nothing is planned. Any event during this time delays the date. That's one of the mechanisms NASA has established to respect launch times and I find it quite efficient.Am 03.12.2015 um 12:10 schrieb Pierre Joye:Can you at least give me the illusion that you read our answers? It is not only about windows. I think it is confusing enough without trying to add more "suggestions" to the stack. What I am saying is simple. Openssl will release security related fixes today. Most if not all of them will hit 3rd party packagers/distros today/tomorrow/soon. Now, after discussions, waiting a couple of hours more sounds like a sane (if not only) move to ensure that everything goes well with openssl and php 7. If that's not the case, for example openssl breaks BC again, then it is a problem in openssl and they should delay their release or distros/3rd parties will delay the patches. It won't have an impact on today planed release of php 7.In my world, we build softwares from sources, then we may found issues. We patch the sources to fix them and make everything work together smoothly.Are you suggesting that PHP 7.0.0 will be changed, re-tagged, and then released without a new release candidate if you find a problem building it for Windows?