Re: [RFC] Deprecations for PHP 7.3

From: Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:43:48 +0000
Subject: Re: [RFC] Deprecations for PHP 7.3
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-102672@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
On 09.07.2018 at 16:40, Sara Golemon wrote: > On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Christoph M. Becker <cmbecker69@gmx.de> wrote: > >> Sorry, that there has not been any decision yet. However, Sara >> suggested that this decision is not solely up to the RMs[1], and I >> wouldn't know how to decide it then[2], since there has been at least >> one objection[3]. > > To clarify, it's ultimately an RM decision, but it should be guided by > the larger internals@ group. > > The way I read Zeev's objection is that it's primarily against TP, and > not against pushing out the FF per se. I would recommend (in a > non-RM, unofficial capacity) pushing out the FF (not necessarily GA, > but we can make that decision later). If these last minute things > pass, they go in. If they fail, then all we've done is burned a > month. Perhaps we would not even “burn” a month, considering that several extensions are still incompatible with PHP 7.3[1]. Anyway, I'd like to hear Stas' opinion on this matter. [1] <https://blog.remirepo.net/post/2018/07/02/PHP-extensions-status-with-upcoming-PHP-7.3> -- Christoph M. Becker

« previous php.internals (#102672) next »