Re: Plan regarding fd patch...rc4

From: Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 03:54:22 +0000
Subject: Re: Plan regarding fd patch...rc4
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-1760@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
If we're doing another RC, I'd like it to wait a couple days, I want to get another little fix in tomorrow night. I'd do it tonight, but left my osx off at work so cannot test it tonight. The patch will only effect fastcgi on non-windows, so it's relatively minor. Shane Sascha Schumann wrote:
    Well, here is a plan which is far superior than solely
    relying on one's gut feelings.
    (a) Roll RC4 immediately* due to a number of new bug
        fixes.
    (b) Release a Pre-Announcement to announce@ and various
        dedicated PHP sites for maximum exposure.  Emphasize that
        we want to hear about any new issues.
    (c) Evaluate data points within a week.
    (d) Make a decision after that.
    * I volunteer, if Jani is fed up.
    - Sascha


« previous php.internals (#1760) next »