Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
| From: | Björn Larsson | Date: | Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:05:53 +0000 |
| Subject: | Re: [RFC] Typed Properties | ||
| References: | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Groups: | php.internals |
| Request: | Send a blank email to internals+get-102602@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
Den 2018-07-05 kl. 12:17, skrev Nikita Popov:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Björn Larsson <bjorn.x.larsson@telia.com> wrote:For me I think it's worthwhile delaying two weeks, +1. I also think that now we have an implementation that works. For 8.0 the changes are not known, so delaying could imply that implementation needs to be reworked, i.e. a bit of double work. r//Björn LarssonDen 2018-06-21 kl. 20:41, skrev Sara Golemon: On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 12:57 PM, Dan Ackroyd <danack@basereality.com>We have recently finished the last major change to the implementation (switching to https://wiki.php.net/rfc/typed_properties_v2# references_without_intrinsic_type -- the RFC still needs to be updated for this change). However, there is still quite a bit of refactoring and polish to be done. Unfortunately, we are running out of time. There are already less than two weeks until the currently planned feature freeze, before which the vote must be finished and the implementation merged. For such a major feature, I don't like the idea of rushing the vote to such a degree. As such, I think that this feature can only go into 7.3 if the release schedule is adjusted. Extending the schedule by another 2-week alpha cycle would be sufficient to land this proposal in PHP 7.3. Otherwise it will just have to wait a few years for the next applicable release (based on recent discussions, it's not entirely clear whether that would be PHP 7.4 or 8.0). Regards, Nikita Sounds like the RMs for 7.3 need to weigh in on this.wrote:Any chance getting this into 7.3? I think it would be a great addition. According to Marco Pivettas mail from 26/6 it works flawlessly. Givven the current discussion about 8.0 it feels a bit way off having this to wait for this feature until 2020.On 21 June 2018 at 17:49, Stanislav Malyshev <smalyshev@gmail.com> wrote:change in the GA date. We have to be careful about exactly when we push it to. The current GA date wasn't chosen arbitrarily, but with concern regarding the proximity to the holiday season. -Sara Hi,I think it's better not to feel pressured by the deadline for 7.3The deadline isn't a deadline - it's just the current consensus for when we'd like to see 7.3 released. If people thought this RFC needed more time but would make PHP 7.3 a lot better, would there be any harm in moving the 7.3 release back a few weeks? Sure. I would *far* prefer that over jamming this in without any