Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
| From: | Christoph M. Becker | Date: | Sun, 08 Jul 2018 16:21:03 +0000 |
| Subject: | Re: [RFC] Typed Properties | ||
| References: | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Groups: | php.internals |
| Request: | Send a blank email to internals+get-102648@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
On 08.07.2018 at 01:35, Sara Golemon wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 4:46 PM, Christoph M. Becker <cmbecker69@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Why should we have 2 additional alphas? In my opinion, a single
>> additional alpha is sufficient, and it is really important not to add
>> yet further features.
>
> Because in the best case scenario (with a single extra alpha), the RFC
> is ready now, and the vote for it opens immediately. After two weeks,
> we get a yes vote and we'll be right on the edge of ready for
> FF/beta1. Adding that fifth alpha gives us breathing room for
> something short of idealized circumstances.
I see!
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Zeev Suraski <zeev@zend.com> wrote:
>
>> and independently - should perhaps go hand-in-hand with fixing the
>> flaws of the non-strict types - something we can do in PHP 8.
>> If we do the latter, then perhaps, just perhaps, we can introduce it
>> hand-in-hand with typed variables - and if we do, it will be sensible
>> to do it at the same time and not in a gradual rollout.
>
> And that's a decision we need to make, NOW. We need to know in the
> next 10 days if we're going to move forward with a 7.3 that doesn't
> contain TP, or if we're going to push out the betas until we can
> solidify it. Waiting to make that decision is making a decision by
> default (almost as bad as making the wrong decision).
ACK! How should we make this decision? A vote in the Wiki? The full
RFC process is no option anymore.
--
Christoph M. Becker