Re: [RFC] Typed Properties

From: Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 08:47:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-102631@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
On 7/6/2018 9:35 PM, Sara Golemon wrote:
It's up to a combination of internals@ opinion, and RM best-judgement. I for one, see no issue with pushing FF out (we can do an alpha4, even an alpha5). On the other end we have the option of reducing the number of RCs, or pushing GA by the same delay. FTR; I'd favor pushing GA out over shortening the RC cycle, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we wanted to keep the GA date where it is.
Just want to be annoying about this since the currently scheduled fork date for PHP-7.3 is 11 days off. 1/ Do we have *ANY* objections to additional alpha(s) to accommodate Typed Props? (I would propose two additional alphas) 2/ Do we actually need to hold a formal vote? (If so, that vote should start *now*)
For me that's no and no.
Assuming the answer to both questions is 'No'. I'd like to propose the 7.3 RMs update https://wiki.php.net/todo/php73 to reflect a new schedule with alpha4 and alpha5 and (provisionally) only four RCs to maintain the same GA date, but that we should revisit the topic sometime around the new RC2 date.
I leave this to the judgement of the RMs. I have no opinion myself, besides I think it's a good idea to keep the GA date. r//Björn Larsson

« previous php.internals (#102631) next »