Re: [RFC] Typed Properties

From: Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 18:41:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-102613@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Christoph M. Becker <cmbecker69@gmx.de> wrote: >>> Is there any precendent for postponing feature freeze during the (late) >>> alpha stage? >> >> This was done for the PHP 7.1 release at pretty much the same time (before >> the beta1 release it was decided to go with another alpha instead), for >> much the same reasons (pending RFCs, though I don't remember the >> specifics). See https://externals.io/message/94330 for the >> announcement >> mail. > > Ah, thanks, Nikita! Considering this, I'm not against delaying beta1 > for two weeks and having an alpha4, provided that we do not allow any > new (i.e. not yet under discussion) RFC to target 7.3. > > Stas, what do you think? > It's up to a combination of internals@ opinion, and RM best-judgement. I for one, see no issue with pushing FF out (we can do an alpha4, even an alpha5). On the other end we have the option of reducing the number of RCs, or pushing GA by the same delay. FTR; I'd favor pushing GA out over shortening the RC cycle, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we wanted to keep the GA date where it is. -Sara

« previous php.internals (#102613) next »