Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
| From: | Christoph M. Becker | Date: | Fri, 06 Jul 2018 20:46:48 +0000 |
| Subject: | Re: [RFC] Typed Properties | ||
| References: | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Groups: | php.internals |
| Request: | Send a blank email to internals+get-102628@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message | ||
On 06.07.2018 at 21:35, Sara Golemon wrote:
>> It's up to a combination of internals@ opinion, and RM best-judgement.
>> I for one, see no issue with pushing FF out (we can do an alpha4, even
>> an alpha5). On the other end we have the option of reducing the
>> number of RCs, or pushing GA by the same delay. FTR; I'd favor
>> pushing GA out over shortening the RC cycle, but I wouldn't lose sleep
>> if we wanted to keep the GA date where it is.
>
> Just want to be annoying about this since the currently scheduled fork
> date for PHP-7.3 is 11 days off.
Thanks, Sara! :)
> 1/ Do we have *ANY* objections to additional alpha(s) to accommodate
> Typed Props? (I would propose two additional alphas)
> 2/ Do we actually need to hold a formal vote? (If so, that vote should
> start *now*)
For me: no and no.
> Assuming the answer to both questions is 'No'. I'd like to propose the
> 7.3 RMs update https://wiki.php.net/todo/php73 to reflect a new
> schedule with alpha4 and alpha5 and (provisionally) only four RCs to
> maintain the same GA date, but that we should revisit the topic
> sometime around the new RC2 date.
Why should we have 2 additional alphas? In my opinion, a single
additional alpha is sufficient, and it is really important not to add
yet further features.
--
Christoph M. Becker