Re: [RFC] Typed Properties

From: Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 19:35:57 +0000
Subject: Re: [RFC] Typed Properties
References: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  Groups: php.internals 
Request: Send a blank email to internals+get-102626@lists.php.net to get a copy of this message
> It's up to a combination of internals@ opinion, and RM best-judgement. > I for one, see no issue with pushing FF out (we can do an alpha4, even > an alpha5). On the other end we have the option of reducing the > number of RCs, or pushing GA by the same delay. FTR; I'd favor > pushing GA out over shortening the RC cycle, but I wouldn't lose sleep > if we wanted to keep the GA date where it is. > Just want to be annoying about this since the currently scheduled fork date for PHP-7.3 is 11 days off. 1/ Do we have *ANY* objections to additional alpha(s) to accommodate Typed Props? (I would propose two additional alphas) 2/ Do we actually need to hold a formal vote? (If so, that vote should start *now*) Assuming the answer to both questions is 'No'. I'd like to propose the 7.3 RMs update https://wiki.php.net/todo/php73 to reflect a new schedule with alpha4 and alpha5 and (provisionally) only four RCs to maintain the same GA date, but that we should revisit the topic sometime around the new RC2 date. -Sara

« previous php.internals (#102626) next »